Rules, Regulations & Safety
Safety and Fitness
Rowing Canada Aviron Rules of Racing will be in effect unless otherwise noted in official event information.
Please Note: As of January 1, 2019, RCA has implemented the enforcement of changes made to Rule 3.5 in the RCA Rules of Racing. The rule relates to the implementation of a single-handed release strap for foot-stretchers. Information on this rule can be found here. Also:
- C2 Flex Feet are banned by Rowing Canada
- All laces, Velcro or similar material used for foot release, must be able to be released by one single and easily accessible strap.
- Heel ties must be limited to 7 cm or 2.8 inches.
- All boats must have a securely fastened bow ball.
- Each rower or coxswain participating in the regatta is responsible to ensure that the crew and boat are in fit condition to race.
First Aid will be provided by Canruss Medical Services.